A selection of features and articles I’ve written, though often the headlines were by other people (please tell Twitter that).
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro Hands-On Review: So. Many. Cameras.
- The 15 Best Mother’s Day Gifts for Geeky Mums
- 1 in 4 Women Have Been Harassed at a Tech Conference
- The Stephen Hawking 50p is Cool, But Science Isn’t Just for Rich People
- This Pet Beauty Contest is Judged by AI
For (lots) more, see my Gizmodo author page.
- The great ad-space race: the history of space advertising
People have been trying to put logos on the moon for a long time.
- Why don’t E-FITs look like actual people?
As if crime’s not scary enough.
- Forgotten genius: the man who made a working VR machine in 1957
Wind, scent, vibration – Morton Heilig’s Sensorama had everything but success.
- Why we might miss out if tech moved any faster
Some ideas just don’t need improving on.
- 7 ‘big things’ in smartphones that never lived up to the hype
People don’t want transparent phones after all.
- They were supposed to be the future – so why haven’t modular phones taken off?
A little bit of Moto in my life, a little bit of LG by my side…
- iNspired: the origin stories of some of our favourite gadgets
Did you know the Wii once had a touchscreen?
- The connected kitchen is a half-baked pie
“Your oven subscription has expired. Pay $49.99 to continue cooking”
For more, see my Techradar author page.
- WiFi woes: why do we accept poor service?
- The internet of things: the importance of staying connected
- They said it was destined to fail: the evolution of the internet
- Sorry, Google memo man: women were in tech long before you
- Your online identity is precious. Here’s how to protect it
- Being a mother is irrelevant to a woman’s ability to do the (top) job
For more, see my Guardian author page.
- What to do when you’ve dropped your phone down the loo
- Why Samsung’s folding smartphone might prove more than just a fad
With the Galaxy Fold, Samsung has become the first major manufacturer to launch a phone with a folding screen – it might just be useful enough to tempt consumers
- Opinion: “Shocking that high-profile tech organisations are still making gendered blunders”
- Opinion: “Energizer’s remarkable folding phone has flown almost entirely under the radar”
- Turning digital memories into physical keepsakes
- Are you ready for a robot in the house?
- Spring clean your tech life
- Your new year fitness revolution
- Make the most of your music
- 10 new travel gadgets
- #MWCToo: This year’s Mobile World Congress was the most female-friendly yet
No booth babes, anywhere
- 8 awkward tech situations we really need a word for
Tech moves quickly, language not so much
- 7 tech products women actually want
From VR-proof makeup to a phone that doesn’t do phone calls
For more, see my author page on The Inquirer.
- Skyroam Solis review: my most essential travel gadget
- Interview: Toni Reid, VP of Alexa Experience at Amazon
- Review: Nixplay Iris, finally a digital photo frame we’re proud to display
- 3 of my favourite geeky places to eat and drink in London
- Review: Foreo Issa 2, the sonic toothbrush that lasts a year on one charge
For more, see my Gadgette author page.
If you’d like to see examples of a specific genre, drop me a line and I’ll send some.